London life often doesn’t allow for four hours of yoga per day and delicious spreads of fresh local food, so do yourself a favour and treat your mind, body and soul to a yoga retreat in Cyprus
Last October I made the best investment. No, it wasn’t a designer handbag. I invested in time to reconnect with my body and reset my racing, anxious mind at Antigone’s yoga retreat
in Cyprus. And it was money well spent because I came home rested, reinvigorated and ready to tackle life head on. Read my review here »
This year, the retreat is back on and we have an exclusive discount code to get £99 off and you can pay the balance in instalments! Just quote BRUNCH N GRIND
when you email firstname.lastname@example.org
and check out her Instagram @antigone_yoga
Dates: 13-19th October
Price: £1,199 or £1,100 with our discount code
Includes: Return BA flights, six nights accommodation, four hours of yoga daily including beach yoga. Daily brunch and dinner plus some activities.
I’ve known Antigone since my uni days and she’s a brilliant host who can’t do enough to make you feel welcome in her family-run hotel. Noni takes care of all the flight bookings and transfers, can book you beauty treatments during your stay and has great knowledge of the local island if you want to get out and explore. The retreat itself is so relaxed and you can decide whether to cram in day trips or just chill by the beach or lounge in the pool’s inflatable unicorn (as all days should be spent in my opinion!)
Kelly is a fantastic yoga instructor and back in London she teaches at Google, Harrods, Lululemon and Soho House, among others. Her practice centres around props and focusses on alignment and she’s able to advise on poses for those with injuries and different abilities. Kelly also teaches Yoga Nidra, a guided meditation which is just beautiful on the beach at sunset with nothing but the sound of the waves lapping on the shore. The retreat culminates with KlubYoga, a fun, freeing class set to deep house music with plenty of glitter thrown in!
I came away from the retreat with a bunch of new friends, some fantastic memories that I’ll treasure for life, improved flexibility and understanding of yoga, and a renewed focus and energy, which led to launching this blog brunchngrind.co.uk
• Return BA flights from London Heathrow Terminal 5 to Larnaca, including one checked piece of luggage, plus transfers in Cyprus to and from airport.
• You’ll do four hours of yoga each day, split into a morning and evening practice in a gorgeous outdoor shala. There’s only two hours of yoga on arrival and departure days, plus one other selected day to enable you to go on a longer excursion throughout the day as you wish.
• Kelly will teach Vinyasa Flow in the mornings and the day will end with a relaxing yoga practice blending Yin, restorative yoga and meditation. All props (mats, blocks, straps and bolsters) are provided so you just need to remember your activewear and a bottle of water.
• Each class is themed, introducing yoga philosophy and new challenges, but they are always sprinkled with fun. If you’re new to yoga these classes are designed to help you feel confident on your yoga mat, building strength from within. If you’re an experienced yogi, then Kelly can suggest more advanced postures. This is a unique opportunity to get one-on-one technical advice, progress your practice and feel confident to continue with your own practice after the retreat with the tools and tips Kelly passes on.
• The price above includes a single sea view room but I recommend upgrading your room to a suite complete with veranda, hot tub and sun loungers. These rooms have two large double beds so are perfect to share with friends.
• There’s a lovely pool area and cafe at the hotel and the beach just across the road has plenty of water sports on offer.
Food and drink
• After morning practice, a healthy brunch is served especially for the yoga group. The buffet-style spread includes delicious Greek specialities, fruit platters, granola, chia pudding, a variety of milk, yoghurt and cheeses, eggs and energy bars to keep you going throughout the day.
• After evening practice, a decadent dinner is served on sharing platters including a mixture of traditional Greek dishes, mouthwatering salads, vegetables, rice and potatoes. There’s no meat but plenty of fish, squid or juicy king prawns and the dishes just keep on coming so there’s never a danger of going hungry!
• All teas, coffees, juices and smoothies offered at brunch are included. At dinner water is provided but any additional drinks are not included. The local wine is delicious and costs a matter of euros per glass, so do as I did and have some every night!
• Cookery classes – last year we were taught how to make energy balls, almond milk and baklava from scratch
• Botanical Gardens excursion with rooftop yoga session
• Art class in the sculpture garden – get your sketchbook and pencil and get creative
• Two beach yoga sessions at sunrise or sunset a short walk from the hotel
• Goal setting – create a visual mood board to focus on your personal goals and make them happen
• Boat trip – for a small fee, local captain Andreas takes you out on his boat around the coast of Ayia Napa and Protaras. You can jump off and swim in turquoise waters, chill on the deck and enjoy a picnic. Don’t miss it!
Book now using our exclusive discount code to get £99 off! Just quote BRUNCH N GRIND when you email Antigone on email@example.com